Monday, March 30, 2015

Rold Gold's Crunch Clusters

Just stumbled on this new product at a local retail shop. I was just going to walk right past it. But it certainly caught my attention and more.

The last time I was recommended to try a clustered junk snackie, I absolutely loved it! So, why not give this a go and see if it'll get my passing? ☺️


Not sure how new this product just is. But the fact I haven't seen this ever before. It's pretty new here in Canada.

It's a nice compact size to start off. You get 135g of these clusters. The best part is it comes with the resealable lock mechanism. Keeps your treat as fresh as it can be!


Once you open the bag, it's about half-filled. Size wise, they are rather small. Sharing the same circumference of the Canadian loonie coin. And no more than 1" in height.


Dome-ly shaped on top and flat on the bottom coated with about half an inch of milk chocolate. The coating is not consistent as sometimes you'll find one more than the other or the coating is not straight all around. But, hey! It's still clusters and chocolate. It can be coated entirely and I will still take it as is. I ain't complaining! 😜

The pretzel-peanut clusters are rather more solid than I thought. It definitely has a (hard) crunch (I actually tried biting it in half and it wasn't as easy as I thought, but definitely do-able!). So, if you have sensitive teeth, you've been warned!

It's definitely more sweet than salty in taste. You taste the peanut part more towards the end. And it looks more like a rice krispy cluster or a granola cluster than pretzels and peanuts.

Overall, I really like this product. Not sure how long they will be around for. But, I would definitely recommend it. Good job, Rold Gold! When this product picks up on the hype, I hope you'll consider launching a peanut butter dipped or dark chocolate dipped version  of this and have it available in Canada! It just makes sense!


No comments:

Post a Comment