Thursday, March 26, 2015

Uncle Tetsu's Japanese Cheesecake and more

So, I happened to have enough time to kill to check out what's the hype with Uncle Tetsu. Or so I thought I did.


Uncle Tetsu's Japanese Cheesecake is located at 598 Bat St., just north of Dundas on the west side.

It's a relatively small shop that oozes out freshly baked egg cake. Smelling so heavenly and divine! Just makes you hungry for something deliciously sweet!

I knew I would be standing in line for at least 1-hr to 1-1/2hrs. Little did I know, my entire wait time was 2-hrs and 5 mins. Wow!!! It definitely felt much longer than that. But you kind of get the sense that service was on the sluggish side. Please improve on this, as today was not your first day of opening (8th day, to exact).


I must warn you, please have cash available on you before you start lining up. They accept cash only for now. 

For $10 (tax included; $8.88 each), you get a full 6" diameter Japanese cheesecake. And for $2.22 each, the madeleine is also available. Essentially, it's like a cupcake less the icing. And right now, if you buy 3 madeleine, you get 1 free.


And because the shop is still brand new, they limit 1 cheesecake per person and 1 order of 4 madeleines per person. If you're waiting in line for over 2-hrs, why not get in on the maximum?


After receiving our treats and a few hours later, I finally tried both products. Yay!

The cheesecake was little too moist in my opinion. However, it was quite soft for other kinds of Japanese cheesecakes that I've had. And it wasn't overly sweet which is always a plus.

The madeleine on the other note, it surprised me. Good surprise, of course! I like the almost-crispy top. And I find the sweetness matches the density of the treat! Two-thumbs up from me on this one!



In all honesty, I was disappointed that they didn't have the rusk cookies or the angel hat available. Perhaps, in 3 months time, I will make another trip. And hopefully by then, it wouldn't take me an over 2-hrs wait for these treats. That, or the limitation of cheesecakes and madeleines.

No comments:

Post a Comment