Thursday, March 19, 2015

New York Café Restaurant Review

For the longest time, I have been wanting to visit this establishment. Always passing by, but never getting off the stop from the streetcar to pay a visit. Finally, one day I did. (Well, I didn't get off the streetcar because I came out of Broadview Subway Station instead)


New York Café Restaurant is located at 757 Broadview Ave., just a few steps south from Danforth Ave. on the east side.

A great offer, if you're dining with another person.


A place that has free wifi, even better.


Don't let the outside fool you. They are known to have some pretty amazing brunch dishes. And it's usually pretty packed and busy in there. A lot of hustlin' and bustlin'. We were there for lunch on a Saturday. And, it was pretty packed already.

Nothing fancy about the inside. It's something that you will come to expect at any diners. The front of the house was quite spacious, divided into two dining areas. It was surprisingly more brighter inside than I thought.

Normally, I would order something like a burger. But for the longest time, I have been craving for spaghetti and meatballs. Yes, I am usually very specific with my cravings. =)

My main came with a salad, the choices were: Cesar, Greek or Garden. I opted for Greek. Not because I'm dining near Greek Town, but because I will always say "yes" to Greek Salad. It tastes so good!


The salad was a nice start. Good portion. A bit of a good mix. The veggies were fresh. And the dressing was a bit on the thicker consistency.

Finally, my main came! And, my goodness, was I excited!


The spaghetti also came with garlic bread. I don't mind the extra toastiness.

The pasta was done perfectly. Coated with just the right amount of tomato sauce. I was so glad that it came with more than one meatball (3 pieces). The meatball itself was nice and firm. Tasted really great! I say, bring on the Parmesan cheese, please!

Overall, it was a very satisfying meal. Especially, factoring in with my cravings. Would I go there again? Of course! I think I might get an order that involves, say, egg bennies?! ;)

4 comments: