Sunday, June 14, 2015

Late Lunch @ Sadie's Diner

Sadie's Diner & Juice Bar, 504 Adelaide St W., located right at the northwest corner of Adelaide and Portland.


The inside decor is retro, bringing you back to the 80's and serving vegetarian friendly diner-like dishes with a little Spanish flare. Mostly, they offer all-day breakfast!

When you enter the diner, a few tables  on the left hand side and the juice bar can be found on the right. But they have more seatings in the back.


So, I ordered their Huevos Rancheros, which can be found under the Breakfast menu. It's gluten-free. It's corn tortillas served with guacamole, refried beans, salsa, cheddar cheese, and two eggs over easy for $13. Also, I've ordered home fries on the side for $2.50 extra (sorry, no pic).

Their guacamole, refried beans, and salsa are made more thicker than other places. But you know they put in a lot of goodness in making these three dippers.

I wasn't so pleased with their home fries. Some of the potatoes weren't cooked thoroughly.

Service wise, it was really friendly. But could have been a hair more consistent. But, I must say one thing. There was too many fruit flies around us, our food, the room. We know what this is a sign of. I hope the next time, we won't be playing the game of "swapping fruit flies". I do want to try their juice bar at my next visit before the close for good. Yes! You heard me right. They are closing on June 28 (Sun).


No comments:

Post a Comment